Sunday 10 March 2019

Like everything it's about people


For the week of  11-18 March...but of course also for the whole of Lent and Beyond

While I don't think we should make people into 'projects'
People are the legitimate focus of Christian life.
Well, God, is the principal focus 
and God constantly reminds us 
through Jesus, through the prophets
& through our experience
that our godly encounter is mediated through people.

20 Those who say, ‘I love God’, and hate their brothers or sisters,[a] are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister[b] whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen.
       1 John 4:20


I suggest that during Lent you look at the people who God has committed to your care:
they are usually a small group, maybe one or two particularly stand out,
who might I particularly care for this Lent, 
and how?
Some ways (but not all ways) you could consider:
  • Can I physically help someone who is in a difficult spot?
  • Can I be with someone who seems to be struggling or lonely?
  • Who needs my time, a most valued gift in our crazy world?
  • Who can I pray for every day?
  • Is there a relationship which needs particular work, reconciliation, forgiveness, help or support?
As I say we shouldn't make people into PROJECTS...so this must be kept in the heart, between me and God. Don't patronise anyone by telling them you have made them your special project! (ironically we may well be theirs!)


No comments:

Post a Comment